Friday, September 26, 2008

Ground Control to John McCain
(David Bowie, Ground Control to Major Tom)
Adapted by WilliamBanzai7

Ground control to Captain John, Ground control to Captain John:
Take your liver pills and put your bailout helmet on
Ground control to Captain John: Commencing countdown engine's on
Check ig-nition and may the GOP right be with you

This is Commander Bush to Captain John, a huge mess you've really made!
And the papers want to know which party's shorts you wear,
Now it's time to leave and go debate if you dare

This is John McCain to ground control, I'm sitting on the floor
And I'm thinking in the most peculiar way
And the campaign stars look very different today

For here am I sitting in a hotel room, far above the world
The TARP bailout is through and there's nothing I can do

BRIDGE

Though I'm passed one hundred thousand campaign miles, I'm feeling very still
And I think my handlers don't know which way to go,


Ground control to Captain John:
Your campaigns dead, there's something wrong.
Can you hear me Captain John?
Can you hear me Captain John?
Can you hear me Captain John? Can you ...

Here am I sitting in my hotel room, far above the world
The TARP bailout is through and there's nothing I can do....

No comments:

Post a Comment