Friday, February 6, 2009




The Story of Ackerman the Deutsche Banker
Who Would not Have his Bailout Soup
(Struwwelpeter, Augustus The Boy Who Would Not Eat His Soup)
WiliamBanzai7

Ackerman was a chubby rich banker;
Fat bonuses Ackerman always had,
And everybody saw with joy
The plump and hearty, healthy banker lad.
Of late he never ate his bailout food as he was told,
And always let his bailout soup get cold.
But one day, one cold winter's day,
He screamed out "Take this bailout soup away!
O take the nasty bailout soup away!
My bonus food will come back one day."
Next day, now look, the picture shows
How lank and lean Ackerman grows!
Yet, though he feels so weak and ill,
The naughty fellow cries out still
"Not any bailout soup for me, I say:
O take the nasty bailout soup away!
I _won't_ have any bailout soup today."
The third day comes: Oh what a sin!
To make himself so pale and thin.
Yet, when the bailout soup is put on table,
He screams, as loud as he is able,
"Not any bailout soup for me, I say:
My bonus food will come back one day!
I WON'T have any bailout soup today."
Look at him, now the fourth day's come!
He scarcely weighs a sugar-plum;
He's like a little bit of Italian thread,
And, on the fifth day, his dear Deutsche Bank was walking dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment