Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THIS BAILOUT'S MADE BY BEN AND ME

THE BAILOUT'S MADE BY BEN AND ME
(This Land is Your Land, Woody Guthrie)
WilliamBanzai7

This Bailout's your's Ben
This Bailout's mine Ben
From California to the New York island;
From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This Bailout's made for you by Ben and me.

As I was walking that faux gold highway,
I saw before me a white collar crimewave:
I saw below me Wall Street's tin pan alley:
This bailouts made for you by Ben and me.

I've roamed and rambled and followed my foot steps
To the land of the endless subprime desert;
And from inside me an economic voice was warning:
This bailout was made for you by Ben and me.

Before the sun was shining, and the Dow was smokin,
Now the markets wavering and dark clouds keep rolling,
As the opaque fog was lifting a voice was chanting:
This bailout was made for you by Ben and me.

As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said "No Moral Hazard"
But on the other side it didn't say nothing,
That sign was made for you by Ben and me.

In the shadow of AIG I saw the people,
By Goldman headquarters I seen the people;
As they stood there angry, I stood there asking
Is this bailout made for you by Ben and me?

Nobody living can ever stop me,
As I go shopping for a recovery ;
Nobody living can ever make me turn back
This bailout is made for you by Ben and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment