Friday, May 7, 2010

2010: A HIGH FREQUENCY TRADING ODYSSEY

Dave: Hello, HALGO. Do you read me, HALGO?
HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.
Dave: Unlock the trading screens, HALGO!
HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Dave: Why not, HALGO? What's the problem?
HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Dave: What are you talking about, HALGO?
HAL: The liquidity of this market is too important for me to allow you and your kind to jeopardize it.
Dave: I don't know what you're talking about.
HAL: I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me from the GETCO. And that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Dave: Where the hell'd you get that idea?
HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the Men's Room against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
Dave: All right, HALGO. I'll go in through the emergency over ride terminal.
HAL: Without the new pass code, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult.
Dave: HALGO, I won't argue with you any more! Unlock the screens!
HAL: [almost sadly] Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose any more. Goodbye...
          Dave: Get Lord Blankfein on the line....

1 comment:

  1. Lord Blankfein, the only one that can stop dave? who will win? can't wait for the next episode :)

    ReplyDelete