Thursday, September 23, 2010

LITTLE PINK SUBPRIME HOUSES (REPOST)

I posted this September 22 2008. It's gotten better for the bankstas, but it sure has not gotten any better for the rest of the country. WB7

LITTLE PINK SUBPRIME HOUSES
(Pink Houses, John Cougar Mellencamp)
WilliamBanzai7

Theres a black man with a black cat
Living in a redline neighbourhood
Hes got an interstate runnin through his front yard
You know, he thinks, negative equities good

And theres a woman in the kitchen
cleanin up the evening slop
And he looks at her and says: hey darling,
I think this teaser rate's over the top!

Chorus: Oh but aint that America for you and me
Aint that america were somethin to see baby
Aint that america, home of the subprime lending disease
Little pink subprime houses for you and me

Well theres a young man in a t-shirt
Listening to Greedspan shoot the breeze
Hes got a greasy hair, greasy smile
He says: lord, Lehman must be my destination
cuz they told me, when I was younger
Boy, youre gonna swing your dick in a Wall Street Bank
But just like CDOs, those crazy old dreams Just kinda came and went

Chorus: Oh but aint that America for you and me
Aint that America were something to see baby
Aint that America, home of the SEC
Little pink subprime houses for you and me

Well theres bankers and more brokers
What do they know know know
Go to work in some high rise
And vacation out at the Hamptons, oh no!

Ohhh yeah And theres winners, and theres losers
But they aint no big deal
cuz the simple man baby pays for the thrills,
The pills and the bills that kill

Chorus: Oh but aint that America for you and me
Aint that America were somethin to see baby
Aint that America, home of bailouts and risk free real estate dreams
Little pink houses financed by GMAC

Oh but aint that America for you and me
Aint that America were somethin to see baby
Aint that America, home of investment banker greed
Little pink subprime houses for you and me...

No comments:

Post a Comment