Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ATHENS IN BAILOUT LAND

Every time she heard them say her name, she just got angrier! "Off with their heads" she screamed, and the markets had nothing more to say...

Athens and the Fat Cat:

The Fat Cat: By-the-bye, what became of the baby? I'd nearly forgotten to ask.
Athens: It turned into a PIIG.
The Cat: I thought it would.

Bailout Hare and Athens

Bailout Hare: Have some bailout wine.
(Athens looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.)
Athens: I don't see any bailout wine.
Bailout Hare: There isn't any.
Athens: Then it wasn't very civil of you to offer it.
Bailout Hare: It wasn't very civil of you to sit down without being invited.


The Duchess of Moral Hazard and Athens:

The Duchess: Be what you would seem not to be -- or, if you'd like it put more simply -- Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Athens: I think I should understand that better, if I had it written down: but I can't quite follow it as you say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment