Wednesday, September 9, 2009

DICK THE GORILLA SINGS

BANZAI7 NEWS--“The anniversary is coming up. I’ve been pummeled. I’ve been dumped on, and it’s all going to happen again…’’

So said former Lehman Brothers holdings Chief Richard Fuld in a Reuters interview published on Sunday.



Dick Fuld Sings Brother Can You Spare A Dime
(Brother, Can You Spare a Dime, Jay Gorney)
WilliamBanzai7

They used to tell me I was building a global bank, and so I followed the mob,
When there were fees to plow, or fools to snare, I was always there right on the job.
They used to tell me I was building a global bank, with wealth and glory ahead,
Why should I be standing in line, just waiting for bread?

Once I built a bank, I made it run, made it race the markets.
Once I built a bank; now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once I built a tower, up to the sun, brick, and rivet, and lime;
Once I built a tower, now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?

Once in bespoke suits, gee we looked swell,
Full of that Yankee Doodly Dummy,
Half a million bankers went marching around the globe,
And I was the guy doing the drumming!

Say, don't you remember, they called me Dick; it was Dick the Gorilla all the time.
Why don't you remember, I'm your pal? Buddy, can you spare a dime?

Once in bespoke suits, gee we looked swell,
Full of that Yankee Doodly Dummy,
Half a million brogues went marching,
And I was the guy doing the drumming!

Say, don't you remember, they called me Dick; it was Dick the Gorilla all the time.
Say, don't you remember, I'm your pal? Buddy, can you spare a dime?

No comments:

Post a Comment