Friday, October 24, 2008

LAMENT OF GREENSPAN THE LEVERAGE KING
(Jack's Lament, The Nitemare Before Christmas)
WilliamBanzai7

There are few who'd deny, at what I do I am the best
For my talents are renowned far and wide
When it came to surprises in the monetary light
I exceled without ever even trying
With the slightest little effort of my fractional reserve charms
I have seen global investors give out a shriek
With the wave of my hand, and a well-placed moan
I have cut interest rates and swept the very bravest central bankers off their feet

Yet year after year, it was the same routine
And I grew so weary of the sound of irrationally exuberant dreams
And I, Greenspan, the Leverage King
Have grown so tired of the same old free market thing

Oh, somewhere deep inside of the US economy
An emptiness began to grow
There's was something else out there, far from my Wall Street home
A longing that I've never known

I'm a master of risk, and a demon of market sleight
And I'll scare you right out of your trading pants
To a guy in Kentucky, I was Mister McLucky
But now I'm known as a financial Bill Buckner on an ill fated October nite

And since I was with the Fed, I could take off my head
To recite Keynesian quotations
No banker nor trader could babble like I could
With the opacity of my recitations

But who here would ever understand
That the Leverage King with the capitalist grin
Would tire of his crown, if they only understood
He'd give it all up if he only could

Oh, there's an empty place in my bones
That calls out for more unknown unknowns
The fame and notoriety that will come through the years
Does nothing for these empty free market tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment