Sunday, November 8, 2009

THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND


Here is a reader comment spotted on Reuters:

I travel between Western MA, Cape Cod MA and New Hampshire. People are really struggling right now. In my travels I see more and more homes for sale, more vacant retail space and more trucks, cars, boats, snow mobiles and other toys for sale. Even construction workers are selling the tools they would normally use to earn income just to survive. Most of my friends are what you would call high income earners. They are professionals or small business owners. Due to circumstances beyond their control ( the economy ) many of them are just barely hanging on financially now. I do not see any signs of recovery or “green shoots”. For the first time ever I have been seeing locomotive cars stored on the tracks with weeds growing up over the axels. What industry will put all the unemployed back to work ? A double shift at McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts just will not do. Our leaders are sayiny that the recession has ended. These are the same people that did not see any of the collapse comming. Are we to believe them? I say that the citizens in the trenches will be the ones who will know when the recession is really over.

No comments:

Post a Comment